Sunday, February 2, 2014

Stand For YourBeliefs!

So... I'm on Instagram, seeing a lot of pictures of people who are standing for their beliefs. As Christians, we believe the Bible, right? Let me put it this way: the Bible can't be taken as a buffet. You can't pick and choose what you want to believe from the Bible as you would at a buffet. It's all or nothing.

The Bible DOES INDEED say multiple times that marriage should be the way God intended it: between a man and a woman. And it is clear Jesus loved everybody when He was on Earth in human form. But He never said He supports gay marriage, and He never would if His first coming took place in this time period. He would, however, still love everybody just the same. And that's what we're commanded to do: to love one another. The Bible never says to love the way people choose to live their lives.

Now, don't get me wrong. I know I'm probably going to get a lot of hate comments. I'm not disabling them for this post. I want to see what people have to say.

I'm not a hater. I'm standing for my beliefs. Understand, if you do call me a hater, name calling and discriminating is exactly what you don't want done to you.

As Christians, we should stand for our beliefs, and those should be built on the Bible. The Bible tells us many times the world will always be against us. That's never gonna change. But we can share the gospel with others. We have been commanded to speak the truth. When we do speak truth, we show the world we truly love. The world has to understand, we're speaking the truth because we love them. And part of the truth is that gay marriage is, in fact, a sin. That's not opinion. It's fact, because it's found in the Bible in Genesis.

I've got a challenge for you: speak the truth this week! Stand for your beliefs!

No comments:

Post a Comment