Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Future is Bright

I'll admit. I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life. I have a few ideas, but I'm unsure. I'm unsure about college. It's so expensive. My grades aren't so hot, so scholarships are slim. I do know a few things. I want a job that makes a lot of money. I want a nice house, and a few nice cars. Who doesn't? Hey, lets face it, I want a good looking wife too. :) Any ways, I still have these thoughts lingering in the back of my mind. I want to be successful. I want to do what I love. Here's news for you. God doesn't put dreams in our hearts for no reason. He plants these dreams in our heart to lead us on the right path to success, When you doubt that you may not land a good career, get a good scholarship, or think you cant move freely due to anxiety, depression, or addiction, just remember this verse.

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

This verse says it all. We should take refuge in this truth. No matter where you are in your journey with Christ, know this is true. Nothing can separate us from the love of Christ. It may feel like this is not true, because nothing is going in your favor. Just know, God loves you and he has a bright plan for your future.

There is a song I love. It is called Stronger by Mandisa. The Chorus says

"When the waves are taking you under
just hold on a little bit longer
he knows this is going to make you stronger
The pain ain't gonna last forever
things can only get better
believe me this is going to make you stronger"


Just know he has a great plan for you. Follow the dreams he plants in your heart, and know he is in control of your bright future.

No comments:

Post a Comment